SEAS is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The purpose of this Policy is to explain what information we collect, how we use your personal information and keep it secure, and the conditions under which we may disclose it to others.
How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you contact SEAS to access a service, make a donation, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity. This information can be obtained through post, email, telephone or in person.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect may include:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Other relevant information about you, that you provide to us
What Information we use
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any consent letter, or relevant contract you hold with us
- To receive feedback, views or comments on the services we provide
- To process an application (for a job or volunteering opportunity)
Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by our staff and volunteers, and with your prior consent, organisations that work with us to deliver services to support you, and if required by law, legal and regulatory authorities.
In exceptional circumstances, information will be shared:
- Where it is in the interests of personal or public safety
- Where disclosure may prevent serious harm to an individual or others
- If ordered to do so by a court of law or to fulfil a legal requirement
We will never sell your personal information to other organisations for marketing purposes.
Updating your information
If you wish to update the information we hold about you, you can either contact us on 01702 340566, email us at email@example.com, or write to our Data Protection Officer at: SEAS, 225 – 235 West Road, Westcliff on Sea, Essex, SS0 9DE.
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer, contact details as above.