“We are a small, independent Charity that advocates on behalf of adults who experience financial, and/or, social difficulties in their lives and need someone to work on their behalf. This enables them to access services and benefits that they are entitled to. We also safeguard their rights, empowering them to make informed choices to improve their quality of life.”
South Essex Advocacy Services serves people from the Borough of Southend-on-Sea.
Services we provide:
- Help obtaining benefits and entitlements
- Help with completing forms for benefits
- Help people with their housing choices
- Give help and advice on Care/Nursing Homes
- Assist those with debts by means of negotiating with creditors and helping to arrange manageable repayment plans.
- Promote and support older peoples’ independence
- Develop awareness of the importance of independent advocacy among service providers and the general public
- Demonstrate a commitment to working in partnership with older people and service providers to enhance older peoples’ independence