“We are a small independent Charity that advocates on behalf of older people aged 60 and over who experience financial and/or social difficulties in their lives and who need someone to work on their behalf to enable them to access services and benefits to which they are entitled. Also to safeguard their rights, empowering them to make informed choices to improve their quality of life.”
South East Essex Advocacy for Older People serves people from the Borough of Southend-on-Sea.
Services we provide:
- Help obtaining benefits, entitlements
- Help with completing forms for benefits
- Help people with their housing choices
- Give help and advice on Care/Nursing Homes
- Assist those with debts by means of negotiating with creditors and helping to arrange manageable repayment plans.
- Promote and support older peoples’ independence
- Develop awareness of the importance of independent advocacy amongst service providers and the general public
- Demonstrate a commitment to working in partnership with older people and service providers to enhance older peoples’ independence